By Michele R. Davidson PhD CNM CFN RN,Michele R. Davidson
Named a 2013 Doody's middle Title!
2012 3rd position AJN publication of the 12 months Award Winner in Psychiatric-Mental wellbeing and fitness Nursing!
"This is a brilliant source for any nurse operating with women."--Score: ninety four, four Stars. Doody's scientific Reviews
This is a quick-access medical advisor to the diversity of psychological well-being concerns and diagnoses that usually have an effect on girls around the existence span. It makes a speciality of the original biopsychosocial components that make girls specially prone to mental issues and emphasizes key stressors particular to ladies which are precursors to psychological affliction. common headings and bulleted, concise presentation of knowledge enables reading.
In addition to discussing psychological health and wellbeing concerns particular to girls, the advisor covers exact populations resembling disabled ladies, lesbian and transgendered ladies, woman veterans, ladies with forensic overall healthiness issues, and ladies who've been the item of violence. Chapters additionally deal with childbearing concerns, together with menstruation-related difficulties, infertility and its mental implications, and antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum mental problems. Developmental milestones, the impression of tradition on psychological disease, and worldwide future health matters are lined to boot. Tables and charts current key evidence in an easy-to-read format.
- Provides a concise, easy-to-use advisor to womenís psychological overall healthiness matters around the lifestyles span for brand new and professional nurse practitioners
- Focuses on stressors specific to girls as precursors of psychological illness
- Delivers more often than not happening DSM-IV problems in girls, utilizing a constant structure that comes with etiology, evaluation, and drug and behavioral healing techniques
- Discusses preconception and childbearing matters, the impression of violence, lady veterans, disabled ladies, lesbian ladies, and transgendered women
Read or Download A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health PDF
Best nursing books
This e-book presents physiotherapists and workout pros with a finished source at the workout elements and abilities of creating and instructing CR workout. It addresses the scope of information and talents required through workout experts constructing, providing and instructing workout dependent CR programmes.
Compliment for the second one Edition:"This is a wonderful workbook for college kids or healthcare execs who're simply starting to interpret 12-lead EKGs. The e-book covers what's anticipated, however the demeanour during which it provides the fabric brings a lot readability to the subject. "--Doody's scientific ReviewsThis convenient, step by step consultant for scientific and nursing scholars and beginner practitioners can provide abundant details for optimistically examining 12-lead EKGS.
An infection Prevention and keep an eye on at a look is the best better half for examine and revision for pre-registration nursing and healthcare scholars, in addition to certified nurses and clinical scholars. an infection prevention and keep watch over is without doubt one of the key 5 ‘essential talents clusters’ that's integrated into all pre-registration nursing programmes.
Crimson go Nurse and New Zealander Andrew Cameron is the winner of the coveted Florence Nightingale Medal. during this gripping ebook he recounts his striking lifestyles nursing in a few of the world’s most deadly and demanding destinations, together with South Sudan, Yemen, Sierra Leone and Afghanistan. He additionally info his nursing occupation in a few of Australia’s so much distant settlements, the place whatever may be ready on the finish of a protracted and dusty outback highway: a huge highway coincidence, a suicide, a damaged arm, a stabbing.
- NCLEX-RN® Alternate-Format Q&A (Ready Set Review)
- Mosby's PDQ for Surgical Technology - E-Book: Necessary Facts at Hand
- Fluid and Electrolytes for Nursing Students
- Health Care System Transformation for Nursing and Health Care Leaders: Implementing a Culture of Caring
- Summer Issues and Accidents, An Issue of Critical Care Nursing Clinics, E-Book (The Clinics: Nursing)
- Cherry Ames Boxed Set 1-4
Additional info for A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health
A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health by Michele R. Davidson PhD CNM CFN RN,Michele R. Davidson